> I took GTF ENQ/DEQ SVC Trace, but there was no SYSZVOLS/SYSDSN trace
> entry in IPCS print output even though D GRS,C indicated there were
> resource contentions for SYSZVOLS and SYSDSN.  (Other ENQ/DEQ entries
> were printed)
>
> GTF Trace parameters are following. (SVC48: DEQ, SVC56:ENQ)
>
> TRACE=SSCHP,IOP,CCWP,SVCP
> SSCH=IO=(5F0)
> SVC=(19,20,31,35,37,48,56)
> CCW=(SI,CCWN=512,DATA=128,IOSB)
>
> I took same GTF SVC trace on old z/OS V1.7 system.
> There were many SYSZVOLS, SYSDSN trace entries in IPCS print output.
>
> How can I trece SYSZVOLS/SYSDSN ENQ/DEQ activities in z/OS V1.12.
>
> Is this bug or some code changes SVC trace for ENQ/DEQ?

  Probably some code changed to use ISGENQ instead of ENQ/DEQ.
ISGENQ uses PC interface into GRS, so it is not traceable
via a GTF SVC trace.  A SYSGRS  component trace, using
the REQUEST0 and REQUEST1 options, might provide the tracing you
desire.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY