From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Farley, Peter x23353
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 2:48 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: "Dynamic DCB" [was "New" way to do UCB lookups]

There is always the option of setting up your HLASM with RMODE=SPLIT.  Put
all your DCB's in the RMODE=24 part and your DCBE's and code in the RMODE=31
part, and Bob's your uncle.

Of course, that's not reentrant.  You still need to obtain 24-bit dynamic
storage and copy the RMODE=24 part to the dynamic area if you want
reentrancy.

You do know that the DCBE's can be in 31-bit storage, right?  That's the one
address in a DCB that is a 31-bit address.  And you can share them among
DCB's, so you don't have to have a 1-to-1 correspondence between DCB's and
DCBE's.