We have not resolved the problem yet - waiting for change control process.  We
do now understand the problem.  The problem is because the OSA cards do not
come with a default OAT that includes port 1.  To use PORT 1 for LCS you must
use OSA/SF to complete the configuration.  There are 2 changes required: 1 - to
the CONFIG we need to add a port name and use that same port name in the TCPIP
LINK statements in our PROFILE, 2 - modify the OAT to include definitions for
port 1.

The hardware definitions I modifed on Monday, it appears, will work.  Adding
the device with UA of FE and type OSAD was needed to use the OSA/SF facility.
With the OSA/SF I was able to do a GET_CONFIG and GET_OAT for each of the
CHPIDs.  The required changes are staged and ready to be loaded.  As soon as
change control is approved and an approriate time for the change agreed upon, I
think it will work.

We previously had never needed to use OSA/SF and that is why our initial
configuration didn't include a device with UA of FE and type OSAD.

Thank you all for your input.