On 6/12/2012 12:57 PM, nitz-...@gmx.net wrote:
We have 9 mod-9 page datasets that are over 50% in use....MQ Broker using most
of this storage.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?
I seem to remember having seen something like this. All of those pages went out
to AUX when MQ Broker was started (apparently having something to do with
JAVA). It just sits on AUX until the broker gets terminated again. Or so I was
told. At the time I thought 'What a crappy design.'.

I always enjoy Barbara's barbs! If it's Java then maybe the initial Java heap sizes have been set to large. Java is a memory hog at the best of times and heap tuning is vitally important on the mainframe where memory is fiendishly expensive.

Barbara Nitz