And now I have managed to make it work again: I deleted the BPX.DAEMON profile,
which makes the need for a program controlled environment go away. I think. Did
I mention that I hate USS?

Now, if anyone has any insight what I missed defining while still having the
bpx.daemon profile - I would very much appreciate that insight. At least now I
can migrate. And yes, I know that this means less security than with the
BPX.DAEMON profile. I am pretty sure that it is something completely unrelated
that made things break.

Barbara