On Thursday, 13 December 2012 00:52:11 UTC, Mike Wojtukiewicz  wrote:
> I am going batsh*t crazy trying to add tapes to the RMM scratch tape list. I
> use the panel to add a scratch tape and it shows in INIT status.
>
> I can't change it to scratch status cause the panels work against me. Is
> there a STRAIGHFORWARD way to just add VOLSERS that are immediately ready to
> be SCRATCH status. I'm no CA fanboy but boy was it easy to add scratches to
> TMS. Thanks in advance

Mike, Tom already covered the why and what to do next time....
For those defined already, you just have to confirm the tapes have been INIT'd
- in The panels go to volume search and list the added volumes. Issue the CI
line command for each one.  You should find the SELECT * CI primary command
useful here.
Alternatively, use the Librarian panels, 9/CONFIRM. Select INIT in the resulted
list to see all the volumes. Then take the same action as above with CI.

rmm allows you to dynamically add from 1 to many volumes by tso command, by the
panels, etc.. What could be simpler.

Mike Wood