Uploading (from workstation to MVS data set) is a step where unintentional
changes can easily happen.   Using either FTP or a terminal emulator like
Personal Communications, you may have to send SITE commands or set values
to control the allocation, both size and DCB attributes) of the  host data
set on the receiving end of the upload.   When I have clients send MVS data
sets to me, I typically have them terse it first, then do BINARY
downloads/uploads and make sure the final target sequential data set didn't
end with 16 extents.  For binary FTP upload  of tersed data I specify the
space and DCB.  For example:
SITE recfm=fb lrecl=1024 cylinders primary=100 secondary=10 blksize=0
for the tersed data set.  Then I use JCL for the AMATERSE UNPACK step which
pre-allocates a large output data set and releases the extra space.

--Roger