John,

For the situation you describe I believe adding ZONEINDEX entries for the
products' CSIs to the 1.13 GLOBAL zone plus doing a GZONEMERGE from the 1.11
GLOBAL zone to the 1.13 GLOBAL ZONE of content for the products' FMIDs would
accomplish what you want.  The GZONEMERGE command will take care of the 2
concerns you mentioned.  If I'm wrong about that I hope someone more
knowledgeable chime in.

The BUILDMCS command Sandro mentioned is useful for carrying forward
withdrawn-from-marketing, but still supported, products to a new z/OS release's
CSI.

Happy New Year!
Andy