HSEND LIST TTOC SELECT(FULL) will show all currently eligible volumes for
recycle (Volumes not marked full are not eligible for recycle) and the VOLTYPE
(BACKUP, ML2).

Scan this listing for 300706 and see if it is a continuation from  a prior
volume. If so, attempt to recycle the PREVVOL and it will automatically be
called into the recycle.
HSEND RECYCLE EXECUTE VOLUME(PREVVOL) FORCE

HSEND LIST DUMPVOLUME will show if the is a DUMP volume.

HSEND DELVOL(300706) DUMP(PURGE LAST) will clear this up. However, since it is
showing up in a recycle, this is most likely not your problem.

Going back up to the FULL list, you might want to
HSEND LIST TTOC(PREVVOL) and delete the *LAST* file shown of PREVVOL.

There are some funky "accounting" tricks used in HSM that I don't have time to
look up, but are documented in the manuals that might explain this.

HTH,

<snip>
 Looking at hsm logs, I see that a recycle failed on volume 300706 along with
message ARC0184I ERROR WHEN READING THE DFSMSHSM CONTROL DATA SET X RECORD FOR
300706.
Apparently, hsm is trying to recycle this 300706 volser twice daily and failing
each time.
I ran AUDIT MEDIACONTROLS VOLUMES(300706) and got back: ERR 110 300706- NO V OR
X RECORD so no backup or migration records exist.
Looking in RMM, I do not find any volume 300706.
HSM is trying to recycle this guy twice a day and just spinning is wheels.
I tried DELVOL 300706 BACKUP/MIGRATION/PRIMARY   and all 3 responded with
ARC0260I xxxxxx VOLUME 300706 ENTRY NOT DEFINED I also tried  FIXCDS T
01-300706-0000 DELETE and a FIXCDS T L2-300706-0000 DELETE resulting in
ARC0195I TYPE T, KEY xx-300706-0000, FIXCDS DELETE, ERROR=RECORD NOT FOUND Is
there anyway I can delete this nonexisting volser from hsm so that it will stop
trying to recycle?
</snip>