I've got a dataset that has been mangled through some misguided efforts such
that original record boundaries have been lost. It used to be RECFM=V and
now it is RECFM=F

As luck would have it, every original record begins with the same hex value.
Can anyone suggest a simple tool -- z/OS, USS, or Windows -- that would
reformat the records breaking on every occurrence of a particular byte
value?

Yes, I know I will get some false positives, but it's test data, not
production data, and I can probably live with that. It would be an
improvement on what I have -- that's for sure.

I believe I have access to ICETOOL but I am embarrassed to admit I have
never used it. I glanced at the doc just now but did not see anything that
looked relevant -- but perhaps I missed something.

Thanks all!

Charles