butl...@us.ibm.com (Jon Butler) writes:
> Yes, they have been available for six months in the zE12...120 usable
> PUs...of which, in maximum configuration, 16 are configured as SAPs, 2
> are spares, 1 is a reserve, and 101 are customer configurable as CPs,
> IFLs, zIIPs, zAAPs, ICFs or additional SAPs.

as an aside ... the peak z196 i/o benchmarks mentioned that 14 SAPs have
peak 2.2M SSCH/sec (100% utilization) ... but recommendations are to
keep SAP utilization below 70% (1.5m SSCH/sec)

101 zE12 processors are rated at 75BIPS (or 743MIPS/processor) compared
to 80 z196 processors at 50BIPS (or 624MIPS/processor) ... for a factor
of 1.2 times increase (per processor). 16 zE12 SAPS then might have peak
of almost 3M SSCH/sec (100% utilization) or approx 2M/sec at 70%
utilization.

past posts mentioning 2.2M SSCH/sec & peak z196 I/O benchmark
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012m.html#4 Blades versus z was Re: Turn Off
Another Light - Univ. of Tennessee
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012m.html#5 Blades versus z was Re: Turn Off
Another Light - Univ. of Tennessee
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012m.html#13 Intel Confirms Decline of Server
Giants HP, Dell, and IBM
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012m.html#28 I.B.M. Mainframe Evolves to Serve the
Digital World
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012m.html#43 Blades versus z was Re: Turn Off
Another Light - Univ. of Tennessee
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012m.html#67 How do you feel about the fact that
today India has more IBM employees than any of the other countries in the world
including the USA.?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012n.html#9 How do you feel about the fact that
today India has more IBM employees than any of the other countries in the world
including the USA.?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012n.html#13 System/360--50 years--the future?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012n.html#44 Under what circumstances would it be
a mistake to migrate applications/workload off the mainframe?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012n.html#46 history of Programming language and
CPU in relation to each
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012n.html#48 Under what circumstances would it be
a mistake to migrate applications/workload off the mainframe?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012n.html#70 Under what circumstances would it be
a mistake to migrate applications/workload off the mainframe?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012n.html#72 Mainframes are still the best
platform for high volume transaction processing
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012o.html#6 Mainframes are still the best platform
for high volume transaction processing
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012o.html#21 Assembler vs. COBOL--processing time,
space needed