On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 19:37:03 -0500, zMan wrote:

>> I don't know why people do this or want to ....guess I was raised too
>> responsible.
>
>Well, it's for the intellectual challenge, plus the thrill.
>But messing with someone half a world
>away that you'll never meet just seems pointless.

At the last Linux conference I went to one of the major sponsors was one of our
(most) secretive government agencies. They were hiring.
Their motto - "Reveal their secrets, Protect our own" on full display on
t-shirts.

Nefarious  activity is not solely the domain of the popularly imagined
"hackers".

Shane ...