From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Steve Thompson
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 1:51 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Mislocated doc (was: ... STOW Initialize?)

From:   Don Williams <donb...@gmail.com>
Date:   01/28/2013 12:10 PM

I admit it, I'm lazy.  I love the entire bookshelf search feature.
However,
more and more books are available only in PDF format.  I'm unhappy
(stronger
words would need to censored) that I cannot search an entire extended
bookshelf on my on PC.  Several years ago, I complained to IBM about the
lack of a extended bookshelf search and that more and more books where
available only in PDF format.
<SNIPPAGE>

I use Adobe Reader. It has a "find" function that works within a document.
It also has a "SEARCH" feature that acts on a directory. I make large use
of search when I need to know something that I know is not in an index.

And, yes, I actually do download the whole pdf list to my computer. It
comes in very handy when I am on a flight, or otherwise do not have
Internet access and am trying to figure out how to do something.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

Opinions expressed by this poster do not necessarily reflect the opinions
or positions of poster's employer.