On 1/29/2013 10:37 AM, Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:
Very interesting article, I just wonder how hard the 'green' guys will *yell*
when they find out how much electricity power it will consume?

The January 2013 edition of Scientific American, on page 18 "Crunch Time", reports on a Department of Energy supercomputer (Titan) that, according to the author, provides ten times the performance of its predecessor (Jaguar) "while consuming five times less power" (i.e., it produces power). If we build enough of these machines, we can satisfy all our electricity needs <g>

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, Vermont