This might be of interest too.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IEA2E4B0/2.2

<quote>
 CNZ_MSGTOSYSLOG receives control from the system when a message is
sent to the SYSLOG. Every message line that is sent to syslog will be
passed to the exit routines active at the exit point. Multi-line
messages will be presented as major line first, then major and each
minor (one at a time). For example, a multi-line message with 1 major
and 3 minor lines will result in the exit routines receiving control 4
times:

    1st Time - For the major line

    2nd Time - For the first minor line

    3rd Time - For the second minor line

    4th Time - For the last minor line

Code a CNZ_MSGTOSYSLOG exit routine when you want to view all messages
being sent to the SYSLOG.
</quote>

--
Maranatha! <><