In <51125e6c.5050...@bremultibank.com.pl>, on 02/06/2013
   at 02:45 PM, "R.S." <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> said:

>I noticed, however the point is in application. Program is allowed
>to do that, but IMHO no one is doing that nowadays. So we must
>wait for appliction support.

Nonsense.

"Corresponding support is planned in JCL for a new JOB statement
keyword to allow you to specify that access to data sets can
transition from exclusive to shared after the last step in which they
are allocated with a disposition of OLD, NEW, or MOD. Also, support is
planned for a JES2 initialization statement (inish deck) to specify
whether this function should be allowed, and whether it should be used
by default if not specified in JCL."

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>