On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 14:37:59 -0600, Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:

>Paul Gilmartin wrote (or ranting ;-D ):

Righteously.

>>(And I must always reply to R.S. via email because LISTSERV is broken.)
>
>Are you refering to the part where you want to quote the 'Original Message' in
>a 'Send Message' panel? I.e. when you use a browser and then click on 'Reply'?

Precisely.

>Radoslaw (on offense meant!!!) and some posters are using an encoding /
>character scheme which makes the quoting part useless. The viewable text are
>translated (back to the scheme as e-mailed), resulting into something
>unreadable.

That "scheme" is Base64 Content-Transfer-Encoding, defined in RFC 1521
(1993) and prevalent in Internet text messaging (though perhaps diminishing
in favor of quoted-printable).

>If so, I think it was already reported, but I will check (again) with LSOFT
>and Darren about this...

WAD, or deafening silence?  If LISTSERV can render it properly in browsing, it
ought to be able to do likewise in replying.

>Work around: Select text to use, copy that, click on Reply and paste in
>message window. Compose + Reply as usual. Somewhat clumsy, but it works always.

As I said, I reply from email in such cases.  Not easily accessible
from work.

-- gil