IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> wrote on
02/11/2013 02:09:58 AM:

> From: "nitz-...@gmx.net" <nitz-...@gmx.net>
> To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu,
> Date: 02/11/2013 02:17 AM
> Subject: Limit on parallel TSO User address spaces started via CEA
> Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu>
>
> Does anyone know why the number of TSO user address spaces that can
> be started in any given lpar via CEA services is limited to 50?  MVS
> Programming: Callable Services for High-Level Languages is fairly
> firm in stating this:
>
> "The CEA TSO/E address space manager can create up to 10 concurrent
> address spaces for a single user, and can create a maximum of 50
> concurrent TSO/E  address spaces. You can use the same processes
> that you use to work with other TSO/E address spaces when working
> with the TSO/E address spaces that are created by the CEA TSO/E
> address space manager."
>
> I would like to know what imposes this limit and if there are plans
> to lift it.

  I think those are arbitrary limits, for the purpose of
preventing an errant program or user from using too many
address spaces, and also for allocating the storage for
the table which is used to keep track of these address
spaces.  Do you have a scenario where these limits would be
too low for your installation's intended use of this
function?

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY