If you have corrected the SMS rules then you may use ADRDSSU and the
REDETERMINE command to reset the DATACLAS, MGMTCLAS, and STORCLAS for any
specific disk volume.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Vernooij, CP - SPLXM
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 2:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: basic SMS question

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Pew, Curtis G
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 17:51
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

On Feb 8, 2013, at 10:41 AM, "Gibney, Dave" <gib...@wsu.edu> wrote:

> Which of the many DATACLAS attributes do you wish to change. Most are
physical aspects of the actual existing dataset. Just changing the description
will have no effect. These attributes are fixed when the dataset is created.
Re-creation and copying the data is the only effective way to change most if
not all DATACLAS attributes.

> I will ask again, what is the real underlying problem you want to
solve?

Exactly. A DATACLAS is a set of defaults applied when the file is created (and
any particular attribute set by the DATACLAS may be overridden at creation
time.) Once the data set exists, what does it matter what its DATACLAS is?

--
Curtis Pew (c....@its.utexas.edu)
ITS Systems Core

---
This is not true anymore: several new parameters in space constraint relief and
dynamic volume count, are also used during the life of a datasets.

Kees.
e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Prince George’s
County Government or Prince George's County 7th Judicial Circuit
Court proprietary information or Protected Health Information,
which is privileged and confidential.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and
attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited by federal law
and may expose you to civil and/or criminal penalties. If you have
received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.