> >>Are there a separate Z/os 01.13.00-0 and 01.13.00-1 miglibs?
> >
> > The MIGLIB you use for IPCS should be identical to the one on the
> > system taking the dump. Even a difference of a single PTF could
> > conceivably cause problems.
>
> Will IPCS reliably report a mismatch down to that level of detail? In
> an environment where we get dumps from customers at a number of
> different system levels, it is obviously critical (and I think I use
> that word correctly) to ensure there is no mismatch. It is
> impractical, to say the least, to request an entire SMP/E LIST to go
> along with every dump.

  While it is conceivable that a single PTF could cause problems,
the organizations that it would cause the most problems for
would be IBM level 2 support groups.  So we are reasonably well
motivated to try to avoid that situation where possible.

  Since we needed to add the -n detection to deal with the
Web deliverable introducing significant changes in something that
was not packaged as a new release or modification level,
we at least now have a differentiator which can be changed
at the discretion of the technical people, regardless of the
packaging mechanism (which might be decided by non-technical people)
for the code which requires the change.  But since we technical
people are inconvenienced  much as anyone by non-release incompatible
changes to SADMP and IPCS, we will continue to try to avoid such
things when possible. And we will try to make it clear when such a
thing does occur (for example, via a doc hold, although I don't
know if that was thought of for the  z/OS 1.13  Web deliverable).

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY