On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:32:04 +0800, Timothy Sipples wrote:

>My shorthand is this long(er)hand in the announcement:
>
>"In z/OS V2.1 with z/OSMF V2.1, the z/OS Jobs REST Interface is planned to
>be extended to add support for submitting jobs from data sets and z/OS UNIX
>files...."

What's new there?  I regularly submit jobs "from data sets and z/OS UNIX files"
using IEBGENER and/or ISPF edit.  (IEBGENER is better; it doesn't impose
an archaic LRECL/RECFM constraint.)

What's the "z/OS Jobs REST Interface", anyway?

Sounds like a feature relevant more to batch than to UNIX.

-- gil