On 5/14/2020 8:23 PM, Jon Bathmaker wrote:
Hi,

Because of auditor demands we are no longer able to run TSO USS commands that require UID=0,  so I attempting figure out how to run  USS commands in under BPXBATCH.  The following is a job to debug the unmount command in batch but I have been unsuccessful so far.   I am hoping that I am doing something wrong and that one of you can point out my error.

Here is the JCL:

//BATBPX  EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH

//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.CEE.SCEERUN

//STDERR   DD SYSOUT=*

//STDOUT   DD SYSOUT=*

//STDPARM  DD *

SH su

SH echo $PATH

SH unmount -fv ZOS240.SYS1.OMVS.SYSRES.OS240971.FNT.ZFS

Here is the contents of STDERR when the job runs.

FSUM5023 su: User ID "SH" does not exist, or the RACF profile does not contain an OMVS segment.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Jon Bathmaker

z/OS Systems Programmer

Hey John,

Try setting up sudo to do the command all at once. "sudo unmount.....". Using su requires a password that you would not want in the clear.

Regards,
Tom Conley