From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of Jon
Bathmaker [jon.bathma...@sys1consulting.com]
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2020 1:21 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: BPXBATCH . . . odd PATH

Hi All,

When I run a BPXBATCH job using this:
STDPARM  SH echo $PATH;
          su
I get the following results which imply that when the shell is invoked
for the Superuser it's using an old path that it found . . .
somewhere.   The PATH in STDOUT came from my .profile.   The profile in
STDERR does not match the PATH from /etc/profile and there is no
etc/suid_profile. So where *is* he getting that bad PATH?   Any help
would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

STDERR /bin:/usr/lpp/java/J1.4_64/bin/:/u/#T95JXB/scripts: FSUM7351 not
found
STDOUT /bin/:/usr/sbin/:/usr/lpp/java/J8.0_64/bin/:/u/#T95JXB/scripts/

Best regards,

Jon Bathmaker

z/OS Systems Programmer

519-577-9661