You can also use the SDSF/REXX interface to issue console commands and retrieve
the response.
IBM provides several examples of this.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
ITschak Mugzach
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 1:37 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Using the CONSOLE command

SYS1.SAMPLIB(IEATOPS0)but it better to use a token to get only the response to
your command.

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring for
z/OS, x/Linux & IBM I **| z/VM comming son  *

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 8:21 AM Gadi Ben-Avi <gad...@malam.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to write a REXX program that will issue the command to
> activate the SMS Configuration, and then wait until the message saying
> that the configuration has been activated is issued.
>
> I haven't been able to find examples that do that.
>
> Does anyone have an example?
>
> The program would run in Batch, if it makes any difference.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gadi

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.