FYI

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: Yvonne Cardinal [y...@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2020 9:12 AM
To: Seymour J Metz
Subject: RCF SA32-0974-40 - z/OS Version 2 Release 4 TSO/E System Programming
Command Reference - CART subcommand

Hello.

I am the writer for the z/OS TSO/E documentation and have received your
comments below.

I consulted with development, and this is their reply.

You are correct. The parse macro is defaulting to UPPERCASE for CART.

Alphanumeric character data is translated to uppercase. However, CART also
allows the user to enter the cart value as a 1 to 16 HEX digits, of the form
X'hhhhhh.....hh'

Whatever HEX string is entered should be used as is. It could include lowercase
character data.