From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of lenru...@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 3:36 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Cl/Supersession

 You should be able to put images on paste.pic, then put the link in a listserv
post.
    On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:14:05 AM CDT, Statler, David
<000002519de3291f-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

 We also use CL/SuperSession.

Users connect to the system using a TN3270 client. Depending on their subnet,
some users get the SuperSession logon screen when they connect, others get the
VTAM MSG10 screen.  That is all controlled inside the telnet server of course.
From the MSG10 screen, they just type in "S" to take them to the SuperSession
logon screen.

When we first started using SuperSession, we did all of the user administration
via the SuperSession panels (building the menus, etc.).  Now a user's menu list
is built using RACF. Whatever applications they are permitted to in RACF will
show up on their SuperSession menu screen.  Inside of SuperSession are config
settings to tell it to use a special class you define in RACF for doing this.

We also use VTAM Application modeling in VTAMLST for building the virtual
netnames.

David