On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 13:06:07 -0500, Bill Giannelli wrote:

>previously I had a SMPe environment that required me to run the download from
>IBM (GIMSMP) to mu USS. Then unpack the files from USS. And then run a receive
>against those unpacked files.
>Now I have a new SMPe environment (new CSI,etc) that was setup by someone
>else. And when I run the IBM download (GIMSMP) the FMIDs and PTFs appeared to
>already be received.
>What am I not understanding here?
>Do I NOT need to unpack the files from USS and run the receive separately?

Will RECEIVE FROMNTS suffice?

What do the instructions say?

Are there instructions?

I once packaged a product for RECEIVE FROMNTS but encountered
a compulsive customer who tried GIMUNZIP; RECEIVE from data
sets.  Failed; I hadn't expected or tested that path.  Had to tell
customer, "Not supported; not documented."  But fixed it to work
in next release.

-- gi