From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Phil Smith III [li...@akphs.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2020 6:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Gratuitous EXECIO Documentation

I'm expect this got added because people, especially non-VMers*, seem to get
confused about whether EXECIO is part of Rexx or not,
leading to the confusing scenarios others have described.

...phsiii

*In VM, EXECIO predates Rexx, so old-timers, at least, don't get confused. And
on some platforms, it IS part of the Rexx distro,
though still not part of the language, IIRC.