On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 7:56 AM Ward Able, Grant <gwarda...@dtcc.com> wrote:

> There's no such thing as The Cloud - it's just someone else's
> computer.......

And it's just a re-invention of "time sharing". Well, except that each
client has its own set of virtual machines (maybe real machines, but I
doubt it) with their data on one or more SAN disks (LUNs?). I remember that
from the 1970s (not sure about the date). I do remember the college where I
went (U.T. Arlington) had a few terminals (the IBM "selectric typewriter"
ones) which connected, I think, to "Scientific Time Sharing" (STSC?).

--
People in sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
Maranatha! <><