On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 3:28 PM Joe Monk <joemon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Easytrieve plus"
>
> You mean sleazytrieve plus? :)

We still use SleavyTrieve+ in production. Crap, we have some RACF reports,
written over 28 years ago (before my time) which use EZTP to parse the
output of an "LU *". I really should replace them all with something using
IRRDBU00 output and ICETOOL along the path of RACFICE. But "we're going
away" (perhaps finally, given UnitedHealthCare has enough money to just
force it) and so "why bother?".

> There was also DYL280 and QUIKJOB.
>
> Joe
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 12:55 PM Mike Schwab <mike.a.sch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > 4GL - I've used Telon which takes a screen layout and database layout
> > and generates the cobol code and editing rules.  ADR-Datacom had Ideal
> > which was similar, later CA.  Easytrieve plus I really liked,
> > especially the report generation part.

People in sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
Maranatha! <><
John McKown