[Default] On 10 Jun 2020 17:14:25 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
tmr...@stlvm20.vnet.ibm.com (Tom Ross) wrote:

>>The addition of EXIT PARAGRAPH
>>and EXIT SECTION have eliminated most of the reasons for use of GO TO
>>in COBOL.  I would be interested in any corrections to my
>>understanding by those responsible for the COBOL compiler. =20
>
>I partially agree, Clark, but what really made it easy to get rid of GOTOs
>in COBOL (if you wanted to) was EXIT PERFORM and especially EXIT PERFORM CYCLE!
>These were added to the Standard with COBOL 2014 and implemented by IBM in
>Enterprise
>COBOL for z/OS V5.2

I agree but the main question I was raising is whether if I have GO TO
blow-up-paragraph where blow-up-paragraph is the last paragraph which
has a CALL "ILBOABN0" or its LE equivalent followed by GOBACK as the
last two statements will that disrupt PERFORM optimization?  Starting
with VS COBOL II release 4 I have PERFORMed blow-up-paragrraph to make
sure that my program is fully optimized.

Clark Morris