From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Christian Svensson <0000022ad63487ef-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: 11 June 2020 23:34
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: z114 retroactive height reduction (FC 9975) for transportation

Hi,

A bit of a niche question maybe, but this list usually enjoys those!

I need to move my z114, and sadly I don't have the possibility of
inspecting it physically right now. I was wondering if anyone knows if it
is possible to reduce the height of the z114?
In the IMPP there is a FC 9975 which separates the top portion in the
installation, but I have no idea if my individual has that feature.
Looking at older pictures of the frame there appears to be a "cut" between
the BPA and where the battery is supposed to be, so it looks like maybe
removing the side panels, the door, and then one might be able to detach
the top - but that's hard to say for sure on the pictures.

Does anyone have any experience removing the top portion for
transportation of a z114? Or similar experiences?

Thanks,