Most places I have worked the use of ALTER was banned in the standards manual.

Ed

On Feb 18, 2013, at 7:45 PM, Leslie Turriff wrote:

On Monday 18 February 2013 05:16:45 Thomas Berg wrote:
(I really hate the ALTER command.)

Fortunately I haven't seen this the last +20 years or so. Anf if I had I
would have strangled the programmer... :)

I had one at my last application programming job last year. (They never
heard of structured programming there.)I   refused to work on it.

Leslie