Hi Brian,
Please discard all of those other weak-kneed potential solutions. This one is the Cadillac! Here is a JCL sample that will not only map 1 volume, but, will also include maps of all volumes with a common prefix (think SMS Storage Group):
//STEP001 EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=FILE135.PDS
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN  DD *
  VTOC STG0 -
       CAT -
       LIM(CAT NE C) -
  PRINT(NEW (CAT ALLOC  UNUSED PCT EX DSO RFM LRECL BLKSZ CDATE REFDT -
              VOLUME DSNAME))
//STEP002 EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=FILE135.PDS
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN  DD *
  VTOC STG0 -
       CAT -
    /* LIM(CAT NE C) */ -
  PRINT(NEW (CAT ALLOC  UNUSED PCT EX DSO RFM LRECL BLKSZ CDATE REFDT -
              VOLUME DSNAME))
//STEP003 EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=FILE135.PDS
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN  DD *
  VTOC STG0 -
       CAT -
    /* LIM(CAT NE C) */ -
    SORT(ALLOC,D) -
  PRINT(NEW (CAT ALLOC  UNUSED PCT EX DSO RFM LRECL BLKSZ CDATE REFDT -
              VOLUME DSNAME))
//STEP004 EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=FILE135.PDS
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN  DD *
  VTOC STG0 -
       CAT -
    /* LIM(CAT NE C) */ -
    SORT(UNUSED,D) -
  PRINT(NEW (CAT ALLOC  UNUSED PCT EX DSO RFM LRECL BLKSZ CDATE REFDT -
              VOLUME DSNAME))

STEP001 - Find all Datasets on all volumes whose VOLSER starts with STG0 that are not Cataloged or are Catalog Entries with no actual Dataset STEP002 - Find all Datasets on all volumes whose VOLSER starts with STG0 that are Cataloged STEP003 - Find all Datasets on all volumes whose VOLSER starts with STG0 that are Cataloged. Print output by descending sort of Allocated space STEP004 - Find all Datasets on all volumes whose VOLSER starts with STG0 that are Cataloged. Print output by descending sort of Unused space

Please also note that you can search a volume (or range of volumes) for partial DSNAMEs, even when the partial DSNAME does not contain an HLQ. (This may take a while and should be used with caution.)
VTOC runs in TSO interactively or batch.

Regards,
David