On 2/19/2013 8:20 PM, George Young wrote:
On 2/19/2013 7:19 PM, Donald Likens wrote:
I am sure I am missing something very simple but I have been at this
for hours and not making any progress so I hope someone simply knows
what to do and can tell me.

I am attempting to use the IBM Debug Tool (version 11.1) to debug an
HLASM program. I assembled and linked it using the debug tool’s
dialog. I go into option 2 and type “run” the screen follows:

EDIT - Edit Setup File 'TSSDON.ASM.DTESF(ASMPGM)'         Row 1 to 10
of 10
Command ===>run                                             Scroll
===>PAGE

Load Module Name asmpgm
Choose the format of your parameter string:
3 1LE COBOL Default  - Program Arguments/Run-time Options
    2 Other LE Languages- Run-time Options /Program Arguments
    3 Non-LE Programs / Non-LE COBOL- Run-time Options /Program Arguments

  Enter/to modify parameters'TEST(ALL,*,PROMPT,MFI:*)/T'

CmdDD Name Seq C DD Information (DSN/Sysin/Sysout/Dummy)            DISP
                ***************** Top of Data ********************
    EQALANGX1   EQALANGX                                          SHR
    in      1   data                                              SHR
    SOURCE  1   ASMLIST                                           SHR
    STEPLIB 1   LOAD                                              SHR
            2   LINKLIB
    SYSIN   1   CNTL(KEY)                                         SHR
            2   CNTL(PARMT)
    SYSPRT  1   SYSOUT=*
    TRACE   1   DUMMY
******************************* Bottom of data
********************************
Here is the screen that is returned:
DisassemLOCATION:ASMPGM initialization
Command===>
Scroll===>PAGE
MONITOR
-+----1----+----2----+----3----+----4----+----5----+----6----+----7----+----8----+----9----+---10----+---11---
LINE: 0 OF 0
************************************* TOP OF
MONITOR**************************************************
*********************************** BOTTOM OF
MONITOR************************************************

SOURCE:ASMPGM
--1----+----2----+----3----+----4----+----5----+----6----+----7----+----8----+----9----+---10----+---1
LINE: 0 OF 0
******************************************TOP OF
SOURCE**********************************************
**************************************** BOTTOM OF
SOURCE********************************************

LOG
0----+----1----+----2----+----3----+----4----+----5----+----6----+----7----+----8----+----9----+---10----+---11---
LINE: 1 OF 4
****************************************** TOP OF LOG
0001IBM Debug Tool Version 11 Release 1 Mod 0
000202/19/2013  6:10:36 PM
00035655-W45: Copyright IBM Corp. 1992, 2010
0004 Source or Listing data is not available, or the CU was not
compiled with the correct compile options.
PF  1:?          2:STEP       3:QUIT       4:LIST       5:FIND
6:AT/CLEAR
PF  7:UP         8:DOWN       9:GO        10:ZOOM      11:ZOOM LOG
12:RETRIEVE

I tried all sorts of things but cannot get it to show the program
listing!

Try LDD ASMPGM.  If it still doesn't work, hit PF4 and specify where the
EQALANGX file is for ASMPGM.

For reference, the books at at
http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/debugtool/library.  Look in the
Programmer's Guide for LDD or LOADDEBUGDATA and I think you'll find some
discussion.

George

Sorry, should have said User's Guide rather than Programmer's Guide.