I'm trying to use IEBCOPY to unload a single PDS member that has aliases.
According to IBM's documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.idau100/cpogrp.htm
this should be possible:

     For unloading groups:
          Using COPYGRP: PDSE to PS
          Using COPYGROUP: PDSE to PS, or PDS to PS

IBM even called out this new capability in a 2013 SHARE presentation.

But this is contradicted by the usage notes:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.idau100/u1096b.htm

     COPYGROUP cannot be used to load to a PDS or unload from a PDS.

Some basic tests on my V2R3 system confirm that COPYGROUP can be used to
unload PDSE members, but not PDS members (whether data members or load
modules)

Am I missing something, or misreading the documentation?  Is there a
different way to unload a PDS member along with its aliases?

Thanks,
--Steve Goetze
Dovetailed Technologies
www.dovetail.com