>I think what Gerhard meant is that Jan should have
>"L     15,CVTSRM-CVTMAP(,15)" instead of "L     15,CVTSRM-CVT(,15)"

If Gerhard meant that, he would have been incorrect. CVT is the name of
the DSECT when CVT DSECT=YES is used.
CVTMAP is a name for the beginning as well. I have no idea why it even
exists. But it has existed (for our needs) "forever".

Either can be used safely and successfully.

>For my application I need a kind of CVT and CVTX called LACVT and LACVTX.
>In one of the macro's I coded a labeled USING with CVT as the label for
>my own LACVT.
I must admit that I'm surprised you'd get
ASMA044E Undefined symbol - CVT
in such a case.  But you do. That does not seem like the best message for
this situation.

Here's a testcase:

TEST     CSECT
         SYSEVENT QVS