Hi Joe,
Why is it useless?

Thanks and regards,
David

On 2020-07-08 16:25, Joe Monk wrote:
Yep. And its useless.

Joe

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 1:39 PM David Spiegel <dspiegel...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Hi Joe,
I GUNZIPd and UNTARd WYLBUR via CYGWIN on Windows 10 Pro.

Regards,
David

On 2020-07-08 14:25, Joe Monk wrote:
Here is some info from a while back ...

There is definitely interest, but the UCLA version, instead of being
offloaded on the mainframe in AWS or Transmit format, was converted to
ASCII, losing some needed characters, and was then compressed as a tar
file. The result won't unpack under Windows; unpacked files have
unacceptable directory and member names. At this point I'm not aware of
anyone who has successfully assembled any component. If you search the
internet for Wylbur, you'll find a discussion group, with membership
partly overlapping this and the IBM-MAIN groups, according to which some
people are fairly close to a zOS version. I just got my files unpacked a
few weeks ago, and will be using a REXX/Regina program to convert them
to something I can actually process under MVS 3.8j.

And please, don't try to upload the tar/tgz file - it's useless in its
current form.

https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fhercules-390.yahoogroups.narkive.com%2FygahqIHc%2Fwylbur-orvyl-milten-and-friends&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C6ce4721ad7de46a4d74908d8237d19a1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637298367511061503&amp;sdata=hHlHH8doCTvQPoZqlyKvbvHprP8eEnck5JuoWoh3SJk%3D&amp;reserved=0
Joe

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 1:15 PM Paul Gilmartin <