On 2/22/2013 8:10 AM, John Gilmore wrote:
More crackpot realism!

A shop that does not allocate 20% (sic) of its programmers' time to
training and professional development is a mismanaged and
uneconomically organized one.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA

Hmmm. That's 10 weeks in a year. Maybe a little high.

I agree there should be some percentage, even 5%
(~2.5 weeks) would be pretty good. But not 0%.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html