From: owner-ibm-m...@listserv.ua.edu
Sent: Wednesday, July 29 2020 2:29 PM<BR /><STRONG>To:</STRONG>
IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SORT Capacity Exceeded

> ICE752I 0 FSZ=100121518644 BC  IGN=0 E  AVG=16336 0  WSP=130040639 C
DYN=0 0
> ICE236I 0 OPTIONS:
DYNAPCT=10 ,MOWRK=Y,TUNE=STOR,EXPMAX=600    ,EXPOLD=200    ,EXPRES=100

Robert,

The file you are trying to sort is little over 100 Gigs, but your
installation option EXPMAX=600 MB which is only 0.6 Gigs ( EXPMAX -
specifies the maximum total amount of available storage to be used at any
one time by all Hipersorting, memory object sorting and dataspace sorting
applications.) So DFSORT has to complete the entire sort using sortwk
datasets which I believe are under-allocated.

As Mike and kees suggested it is advisable to get rid off the JCL sortwk
allocation and use DFSORT dynamic allocation.  So change your sysin to the
following. I also added the average length parm which will allow DFSORT to
allocate the sortwk space more efficiently

//SYSIN    DD *
  OPTION DYNALLOC=(,32),AVGRLEN=1486
  SORT FIELDS=(5,1,CH,A,9,35,CH,A,44,8,CH,D)
/*

Further if you have any questions please let me know

Thanks,
Kolusu