On Thu, 30 Jul 2020, at 09:59, Rupert Reynolds wrote:
> Back in the old daze, simply entering option 7 once (and then exiting) was
> enough to make panels re-load each time they were updated for the rest of
> that session.

I remember doing that too.

But if the panels (etc) are a standalone application (ie not replacement
versions
of standard ispf panels) then in the exec that started the application I'd
LIBDEF
the application's own panel, message, skels etc PDSes.  That meant that every
time I started the test application it picked up the most recent versions of
all
of the definitions.

I also remember that, if the application was simple (with only a handful of
panels etc) that I didn't use separate panel, msg, skeleton (etc) PDSes but
instead just a single one.  I named the panels Pxxxx, skeletons Sxxxxx, msg
files Mxxxx etc, then in the application startup exec I allocated the PDS and
issued all the necessary LIBDEF commands with LIBRARY(ddname), which -
only needing one PDS to be allocated (by me, not LIBDEF itself) presumably
speeded things up.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.