Writing Rexx for myself (therefore no local standards to follow) I had to
set an internal boolean in a few places.
So I started it with
TRUE = (1=1)
FALSE = \TRUE

That's partly because I couldn't find doc on Rexx standards (no WWW yet)
and I didn't like to assume that 1 and 0 were always valid :-)

Roo