From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of Bob
Bridges <robhbrid...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, September 7, 2020 8:20 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: REXX true/false (was Constant Identifiers)

"Mehitabel" - wow!  You're a lot older than I assumed, Mr Metz!

---

/* In its state of nature [a dog] has a smell, and habits, which frustrate
man's love; he washes it, house-trains it, teaches it not to steal, and is
so enabled to love it completely.  To the puppy, the whole proceeding would
seem, if it were a theologian, to cast grave doubts on the "goodness" of
man; but the full-grown and full-trained dog, larger, healthier and
longer-lived than the wild dog, and admitted, as it were by Grace, to a
whole world of affections, loyalties, interests and comforts entirely beyond
its animal destiny, would have no such doubt.  -C S Lewis, _The Problem of
Pain_ */