> A Google search seems to find those as SYNCSORT options but not as
> DFSORT options.  Is that right?  But on:

Gil,

Both products have different parms.

>>> What other comparison operators are available.  For example, I'd
> be interested in whether: OMIT COND=(21,8,CH,NE,C'Type 200')

You need to use VLSCMP instead of VLSHRT

VLSCMP tells DFSORT that you want to temporarily replace any missing
compare field bytes with binary zeros, thus allowing the short fields to be
validly compared (the binary zeros are not kept for the output records).

So use the following control cards

OPTION COPY,VLSCMP
OMIT COND=(21,8,CH,NE,C'TYPE 200')

So any records that do NOT contain the string "TYPE 200" will be OMITTED.

Thanks,
Kolusu