I guess that depends on what needs to be done. I don't like doing
anything in such exits which is CPU intensive or might abend. Example:
parsing SMF type 30 records and putting the data into a DB2 table. Or
perhaps composing an email message and sending it.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Staller, Allan <allan.stal...@kbmg.com> wrote:
> How about just doing whatever needs to be done in IEFU8n?
>
> <snip>
> If it were me, I'd use the IEFU8n exits to copy the records I'm interested in
> into AMODE64 common storage. Then do an XMPOST to cause a separate STC to
> process them. Of course, this is much more complicated and requires at least
> APF authorization.
> </snip>

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown