From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Chris Cantrell
Sent: dinsdag 22 september 2020 21:24
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Determining program name/number of paramaters from called COBOL program

Hello,

I am hoping someone out there can help me with this 'opportunity'.

In a Z/OS enterprise COBOL environment, I want to be able to retrieve the
calling program name and the number of parms passed to the called program from
the called program. In other words, program A is executed in my batch job and
it calls program B passing 5 parms in the using statement. I want program B to
be able to retrieve the program name for program A as well as the number of
parms that were passed to it.

I think if I could get to the program stack I could probably figure it out from
there.

Any assistance that any of you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, don't use or disclose it in
any way. Please let the sender know and delete the message immediately.