From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Sri h Kolusu
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 10:34 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DFSort to pull the latest record date

>>If you can load to EXCEL - use its functions

Not all functions on the mainframe can do everything.  You should look at
what makes sense.  And if the tool you are comfortable in using, does not
have the function, I would say to find one that does.

Lizette,

EXCEL is limited to 1 million records. And it would take a lot of time to
load it and then sort it and then eliminate the duplicates.

>>Not all functions on the mainframe can do everything.  You should look
>>at
what makes sense.  And if the tool you are comfortable in using, does not
have the function, I would say to find one that does.

If the file is on mainframe,  a Program/Utility should be able to handle it.

Thanks,
Kolusu

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN