Wendell:
Thank you for the notes.

What happened was that we were specifying TLSPORT=5521 and by just
specifying the TLSPORT it was assuming implicit connection and so neither
server nor client sent the 220 message and they just wait for some reply.
So I commented out the TLSPORT=5521 and just used port 5521 which then ran
in explicit mode.

TLSPORT forces implicit for that port.

Thanks again,
Roberto

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 10:37 AM Wendell Lovewell <
000001e9c0ee0673-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> I can't help you much on the server side of the equation, but this excerpt
> from an FTP client job will get you started:
>
> 01 //FTPS     EXEC PGM=FTP,REGION=4M,
> 02 // PARM=('ENVAR("_CEE_ENVFILE_S=DD:STDENV")/10.1.1.1 5521 -e')
> 03 //STDENV   DD *
> 04 GSK_PROTOCOL_TLSV1_2=ON
> 05 //* GSK_TRACE=0xFFFF
> 06 //* GSK_TRACE_FILE=/tmp/gsk.trc
> 07 //* The 2 stmts above can be temporarily uncommented for debugging
> 08 //SYSFTPD  DD *,SYMBOLS=(JCLONLY)
> 09 CLIENTERRCODES    EXTENDED
> 10 EPSV4             TRUE
> 11 EXTENSIONS        AUTH_TLS
> 12 FWFRIENDLY        TRUE
> 13 KEYRING           TCPIP/your.FTP.KEYRING
> 14 PASSIVEIGNOREADDR TRUE
> 15 SECUREIMPLICITZOS FALSE
> 16 SECURE_FTP        REQUIRED
> 17 SECURE_MECHANISM  TLS
> 18 SECURE_DATACONN   PRIVATE
> 19 SECURE_CTRLCONN   PRIVATE
> 20 SECURE_HOSTNAME   REQUIRED
> 21 TLSMECHANISM      FTP
> 22 TLSRFCLEVEL       RFC4217
> 23 TRACE
> 24 //*
>
> Line
>  02 _CEE_ENVFILE_S=DD:STDENV
>     - Allows you to specify LE overrides via a SYSIN DD rather than a VB
> dataset
>        0.1.1.1 5521
>     - Your server IP address & port
>     -e
>       Exit step with FTP return code instead of 0 (probably overridden)
>
>  05 & 06
>     GSK_TRACE...
>     Turns on GSK tracing for FTP client, writes trace records into
> /tmp/gsk.trc file
>     Use gsktrace "gsk.trc > gsk.out" command to format into human
> readable. Very helpful
>
>  13 You will have to have a public/private key known to the server, and a
> public key or
>       CA cert shared with the client (if on the same system, then on the
> same key ring is fin)
>
>  11 & 16 are also important
>

> You'll need to use the manuals to understand most of the commands, but
> this will get you started.
>
> Some of these manuals may help:
>
> SC14-7495-30 Cryptographic Services System Secure Sockets Layer Programming
>
> SC27-3651-30 IP Configuration Reference
>
> GC27-3652-30 IP Diagnosis Guide may be useful if you are getting GSK
> errors.
>
> SA23-2292-30 Security Server RACF Command Language Reference contains the
> syntax for the RACDCERT instructions.
>
> HTH,
> Wendell Lovewell

Politics: Poli (many) - tics (blood sucking parasites)