On 11/4/2020 12:35 PM, Bill Giannelli wrote:
We have software at 2 different maintenance levels, with separate CSIs and
zones.
Is there a report I can run to compare the maintenance levels and get the holddata needed
for the "higher level" maintenance?
I hope my question makes sense.
thanks
Bill
The SMP/E REPORT SYSMODS command is what you want (watch the wrap):
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.4.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r4.gim1000/rptsys.htm

This command produces two reports:
1. SYSMOD Comparison report, identifying SYSMODs in the input zone but not in the comparison zone. 2. SYSMOD Comparison HOLDDATA report, identifying the SYSTEM and USER HOLDs for the SYSMODs identified in the other report. These are the HOLDs you need to review and resolve when upgrading the comparison zone with the input zone.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development
Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.