> At one time did IBM says that SMF reporting would also be done at
> the member level. I need to find the date, time & ID  a member was
deleted.

Mark,

For member deletions you need to extract TYPE 42 and sub-type 21

Subtype 21 is written when a member is deleted from a PDS or a PDSE to
indicate who or what (job, started task, or TSO user) deleted the member.
It contains the name of the data set and the volume serial of the volume on
which it resided, including all the aliases of the member that fits in the
SMF record.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.ieag200/rec42.htm

So use the following JCL

//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=SORT
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//SORTIN   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=Your SMF dataset
//SORTOUT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD *
  OPTION COPY,VLSCMP
  INCLUDE COND=(06,01,BI,EQ,42,AND,      $ TYPE 42
                23,02,BI,EQ,21)          $ SUBTYPE 21
/*

Further if you have any questions please let me know

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation